Monday, September 1, 2008

Less Worry

Well the worry has been relieved somewhat. We are feeling the effects of Hurricane Gustav, but it is a glancing blow. The storm looks like it will go in west of New Orleans which is far enough away that we are on the outer edge of the storm. We will see rain and Tropical Storm Force winds. That is not great, but it is a whole lot better than it could have been.

I won't mind prayers for safety, but I would also ask for prayers for healing for my Dad and for a bunch of friends that I have never met.

Cody who I try try to mention with every post has a very aggressive childhood cancer called Neuroblastoma.

My dad is recovering from Colorectal Cancer.

Megan who is the daughter of Bruce from Runners World is recovering from Leukemia.

John who is the husband of Betsy from Runners World is undergoing treatment for Leukemia.

Katie who is the daughter of Judy from Runners World is starting treatment for Leukemia.

The sheer volume of people that I hear about dealing with Leukemia is one reason that I keep working with Team In Training...

2 comments:

Monica Cassier said...

You're such a giving guy, Kirk...

I'm glad you're in my corner.

Prayers,
Monica

Anonymous said...

Well one more prayer could never hurt. so consider it done. Glad that the family is doing well after the storm.
Karen