Saturday, August 30, 2008

Worry

I had a great run this morning, but I could not help thinking about a similar run three years ago. A day or two after that run, we were hit by Hurricane Katrina and I was out of commission for a couple months due to clogged roads and debris trucks.

Now, we are looking at Hurricane Gustav. The forecast tracks all have the storm going in to the west of us. But it is going to be way too close for me to be comfortable with. I have the tent/garage down, and the little British cars wrapped up with plastic sheeting. Tomorrow, I'll take down the canvas gazebos and finish the yard preparations to make sure there is nothing left out that can become airborne. If necessary, I'll board up the windows tomorrow afternoon. Anyway, here is a link to what we are dealing with for the next couple days....As of 8:00 pm, we have a 70% chance of tropical storm winds and A 15% chance of hurricane force winds by September 2.

1 comment:

GB said...

Hey Kirk, you and all of those living in your area are in my prayers! Stay strong and brave.