Saturday, August 2, 2008

Just another Hot Day

I considered taking the picture of the Bumblebees down, but I don't have anything better to show the heat besides the six bees furiously fanning the hive with their wings.

I missed by Saturday long run today because I needed to help with a fundraising yard sale for my oldest. A student ambassador group has invited her to the presidential inauguration, and she needs to raise about $2500 to pay for air fare, hotel, tuition, etc. She is doing very well, and with all her work today, she was able to clear enough for her second payment. I hope the work that she is putting into it will help the trip to be more meaningful. Anyway, I spent all day in the sun with temps in the 90s and humidity closes to 80%. Needless to say, but we were wrung out by the end of the day. I'm spending the evening hydrating and I'll try to get out for a long run before church in the morning.

Kinda ticked off right now. I talked to my Dad, and one of the neighbors went through is wallet when he was not looking and took $500 that he had just gotten from the bank. What kind of person steals from a 72 year old cancer patient? Anyway, he filed a police report, and we'll see where it goes from there.

On to other news. Cody has gotten through his chemo and stem cell rescue. I talked to his dad and his numbers and counts have bottomed out. That means that Cody will start feeling better from here. Please link over to Mickey's Blog (Days in the Life) and leave a kind word for him and Cody.

OK, time to go get some rest...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirk how did someone get your Father's wallet? That is so wrong. Well I hope that they can get the money back. That is a large amt.
I am going to re-bump Cody's card thread. I wish more would join in.
Hope that you and your family are well
Karen

elizabethnyc said...

Kirk, whoever that neighbor is, he needs a big slap upside the head, followed by a big kick in the pants courtesy of the legal system. To paraphrase what you said, what kind of jack*ss steals from a 72 year old cancer patient... Sheesh!

Anyways, I'm so glad your Dad is getting through this round of treatments ok!

Prayers continue...
Elizabeth