Friday, November 7, 2008

Thanks for the Quote GB

"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life." Galatians 6:4-5

I just lifted the verse of the the blog of one of my very dear friends that I have never met. Like all scripture, it is filled with truth and applicability. I have a couple blogs going, and I'm going to put it up on both of them as a reminder because it gives great perspective.

Like most people, I have goals and demands, things I like to do, things I have to do. In every case and circumstance, I am known by what I do and directed by my aspirations.

I am a Christian. I want to serve God with my best.

I am a husband and father. I want to provide for my family in more than just what they need.

I an a Cub Scout Leader. I want to help these boys grow to be strong, productive members of society.

I am a runner. I would like to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and I want to help others to develop a love of running.

I am an engineer and an employee. I want to help my company to grow and be more profitable.

I am tired and feeling pulled in too many directions. Every now and then I need to pull back from the task at hand and look at the big picture. I'll still have just as much to do, and just as much time to do it. The perspective helps. I am not to be impressed with myself or to compare myself with others. I just need to do the very best with what I have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was great Kirk...I'm off to make my own list. thanks GB!

request from you...advice if you got it. I am a girl without a church right now. I made a decision to find a better fit for me and am still "lost". It has been a few months. a prayer for direction would be nice.

also I have a new friend that is having hard times. I do not think he knows God. A prayer for him too.
Thanks Kirk.

Monica Cassier said...

This was awesome, Kirk! Really thoughtful and beautiful.

I tried to reply to your RR thread on RWOL, but I had issues logging on - I think RWOL was having some login server issues! Anyway... GREAT RACE!!!

Hope you are doing well... I had a nice trip to the Bahamas and will try and post soon!

moon

Gettin Older said...

Not nearly as good as the writing that you do Monica. I really believe you have a gift with words.

Deck Ape said...

Kirk,
I just saw your Maui 5k pictures. They look great. I haven't run for 2 months and the scale has made it perfectly clear... :(