Friday, June 20, 2008

Insurance GRRR.....

Well, it appears that Cody does have a fungal infection in his lung. The Doctor prescribed oral Diflucan, but the insurance company said no. So, they have to go in and get IV medication. I cannot understand why insurance companies can say yes or not to the treatment a patient gets and I shudder to think about what would happen if the government got any more into the act.

We all hear about the cost of care, but it should be balanced with consideration that quite often it is more than dollars and cents, it is often life or death.

I'll climb down off my soapbox and an ask you to pray for Mickey and Cody and family.

1 comment:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I found your blog from Runners World forum. The medical insurance situation here in Australia does not seem as dire as over there, but getting worse. I'll say a little prayer for Cody tonight, maybe one from this direction might help a little!