Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday for friends

It has been way to long since I updated this blog. I almost ashamed to say that life has been moving along pretty smoothly lately. School is out, Work is the normal work stuff with the everyday stress. My running has been going better than ever, There is a South/North Challenge going on at Runner'S World Online, and I have added some short lunchtime runs to help contribute a few miles for the cause. I have some minor soreness, but overall I feel stronger than I have in some time.

My friend in Pennsylvania seems to be doing better and was even able to return to running this week.

Here is where the shame for the easy week comes in. My friend Deck Ape (Mickey) posted a link for another kid that is about to lose to the same cancer that his son has. The link is on his blog post from yesterday. You can get to it from my link bar to the right. Please go and leave a message for the family. Mickey has said that it helps.

And, another running friend has posted about the trouble his daughter is having with this round of Chemotherapy. You can check on Megan right here. Again, If you want to leave a message for BG and Megan, feel free.

At the same time I have healthy, mostly-happy kids and a Dad that is tolerating his Chemotherapy very well. I thank God for his blessings and pray for his comfort for my friends.

4 comments:

Deck Ape said...

Kirk,
you are one of the nicest and caring human beings that I have never meet. I wish you and your family well. I hope your Dad is doing well....

Anonymous said...

congrats big mileage man! nice week!
thanks for the links.

and mickey is right!
Karen

GB said...

You are a class act, Kirk. I gain so much inspiration from you. :)

Gettin Older said...

GB, Geel, Mickey, I get my inspiration from my friends.