Monday, October 6, 2008

Back to the World of the Living

The Monday after I got back from Hawaii, I started feeling kinda puny. On Tuesday, I had chills fever and headache. So, I called and asked for a Doctor's Appointment (something I never do). The appointment was on Wednesday, and the doctor sent me from his office to the hospital. I was admitted for rehydration and bloodwork. After 2 nights in the hospital, they got the blood cultures back, and determined that I did not have a bacterial infection.

The tentative diagnosis was a viral meningitis or encephalitis. As with any other virus, the treatment was support while the virus ran its course. By the time the bloodwork had come back, the fever had ended and I was on the mend. So. I was released and told to take it easy.

So, I took a week off from running and did light tasks around the house. Today I rejoined the Running World with an easy 3 miler and I was happy to be out on the streets again. It is only 13 weeks until the Mississippi Blues Marathon.

No comments: