Thursday, July 10, 2008

Late check in after a Great Weekend

It has been over a week of busy days since I updated this Blog. First and foremost on my mind today is Cody. Mickey is taking him today to have a port installed instead of the tubes that he currently has. Hopefully this will give him more freedom to be a kid as the port is a lot easier to deal with. Cody will finally be able to take a bath and go swimming again.

My life has been really good. I feeling a bit under the weather this morning so I slept in and woke much more rested. Then I had a HOT lunchtime run. It is nice to run in the sunlight where everyone can see you instead of at dawn. I had a guy run me off into the grass twice on Monday.

Lets back up and catch up on my life for the past week. I took last Thursday off leading into the long weekend. I used Thursday, Friday, and part of Saturday to finish the "treehouse" for my youngest.



He is thrilled and now he will leave my middle son alone when he wants to go to his "treehouse" (on the platform in the background).

After all the assembly for the kids, I did some assembly for my Wife and Myself.



It is almost new. we picked it up cheap at a yardsale, and we are looking forward to using it.

After all that, I spent several hours in the ER with my Middle Son. He had a mysterious outbreak of hives. a steroid shot, antihistamines, and 4 days of oral steroids later, he is almost cleared up. But, I sure would like to know what set him off...

Anyway, y'all pray for Mickey and Cody, and have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice playset!!! Glad middle ds is doing better...we have had that too...something in the air!? Have you ever heard of Hubig's (I think that is spelled right) pie's?

Have a good weekend. How is your Dad?
Karen

Gettin Older said...

Dad is great. White blood counts were a bit low this time, but he still went to Alabama for the weekend with my SIL. Yes, Hubig's spelled right, and yes, I've heard of (and eaten) them. They are based out of New Orleans, so they are local and readily available. Do you need me to send you some?

Deck Ape said...

I love the bee picture Kirk. Thank you again for thinking and mentioning Cody in your blog. It really means allot to us.

Gettin Older said...

Apeman, That is on my back porch. We also have honey bees that collect water from the fountain out front. We can walk right up to them. I've had pollen stains on my forehead from a bee taking off and flying into me. We don't threaten each other and life is cool.

Your walk with Cody helps me with my walk with my Dad. I celebrate on your good days and pray a bit harder on your bad days. It has become personal with me. You and Cody are part of my life. Get used to it! :)